EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT NHL 12

Decided to post another match. This one I end up loosing but I think It's interesting to see the different types of strategy me and my opponent use on defense. He (playing as PHI) is much more aggressive and go for body checks where as I try to minimize my misstakes by allways controlling a D in the slot for pokes and blocks (letting my AI do most of my body checks by using the Tight Point strategy). I think this a good strategy, when playing Tight Point, as the AI is very aggressive and often leaves their positions.

PIT plays Tight Point with Normal Pressure.
PHI (my guess) plays Tight Point and High or Puck Side Pressure.

2 Response to "Online PHI vs. PIT - 3rd Period"

  1. Jomard Said,

    Talking about defense, I play very much like you there... always controlling a D-man and guard the slot with pokes and stick lifts.

    Some things I noticed though is how you don't use the L1 (default controller settings) pass block or the laying shot block at all. If you incorporate these, as I did, it really makes the defense better as you're basically "arming" yourself with defensive "weapons".


    Offensively speaking, we're different. Just as you played in their offensive zone during PP to create the equalizer, is how I basically play all the time. Alot of online opponents stress and rush so taking your time in their zone by passing the puck around alot is key to generate chances and goals, IMO.

    I'm no expert, just felt like comparing our playing styles. Good video, was fun to watch :)

     

  2. AP Said,

    You're right about me not using the L1 at all. I havn't had much success using it - most of the time I'm too late pushing L1 or I don't let go of it in time and therefore end up out of position. When I play opponents that I'm better than, I sometimes use L1 with sucess. But it's a good tip and I'm gonna try and make better use of the pass block in NHL10. Shot block I use pretty often (though not in this particular game - to my defense I hadn't played for a couple of weeks so I was a bit rusty and stuck to my basic moves).

    When it comes to offense - I also like to be agressive but the guy I played was lvl 19 and I'm lvl 12 so the truth is I did manage to pin him down in his own zone (except when I played PP).

     

Post a Comment

EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT NHL 11
(PS3 AND XBOX 360)
MMO MMORPG SPORTS ARCADE SIMULATION GAMES ELECTRONICS ELECTRONIC ARTS EA FIFA 10 NBA 10 CD DVD LCD-TV PLASMA LED WII NINTENDO SONY SAMSUNG LG APPLE HP FUJI CANON